Wednesday, September 26, 2012

HOLGA

Is it too early to tell Branden what I want for Christmas? I don't think so! I think of it like I am doing him a favor. Instead of him searching for and wondering what the perfect gift would be, I can just easily point him in the right direction.

To be fair, Branden always does a wonderful job with the gifts he gives me on holidays, birthdays, or random days. I've never not loved a gift he's surprised me with.

For Christmas and birthdays, I try to give him an idea of what I want, but more often than not, I honestly have no idea what I want. I always end up asking for something I need. Not this time!

I am falling in love with photography. It is complicated, precise, and a little overwhelming. For a while now I've had my eye on this:

Pinned Image

A HOLGA camera. It is like instagram, but real, and way less predictable. I think the photos that people end up with are so dreamy, and due to the film, you don't always know exactly what you are going to get.

All of the elements of photography and getting that perfect shot is so much fun to learn and figure out. But I think there is something very freeing about not being able to know what your picture looks like instantly. Taking this on our trips, or out on the weekends, then having to wait to see what in the world I captured on film...sounds fun to me! 

Here are some photos taken with various HOLGA models:


Pinned Image
1

Pinned Image
2

Pinned Image
3

holga
4

Pinned Image
5

Now we'll see if I can actually hold out until Christmas without buying this for myself!


1 comment:

  1. wow. that is awesome. I didn't even know such a thing existed...

    ReplyDelete