Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Quilts

My new obsession? Quilts.

Even though I have only made one quilt before, and it has been years since then, I am dying to make one.

My Dad's mother, my Mimi, taught me to sew. I own her sewing machine now. It is old and yellowing, but it works better than my mom's younger machine. I love knowing that when I sew, I am using the same machine that she sewed on for as long as I can remember. The same machine she taught me how to sew on.

Sewing is one of my favorite things to do, although I don't get to very often. I can't design clothes, and I need a relatively simple pattern, but I enjoy it regardless.

Here are some quilts I found on Pinterest that are seriously inspiring me to get out my machine and get started.

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

I would love to pick a pattern and beautiful fabric and make a quilt for my and Branden's future apartment. I think it would make a lovely symbol of our first home together, and something we could always treasure. 

Have you ever sewn a quilt before? 


1 comment:

  1. I haven't sewn in ages. My mom and I used to sew when I was little. I 'made' a blanket for my brother when he was little that I'm pretty sure is still at my parents house.

    Maybe next year I'll get into it again. I have big plans for my first year without school.

    ReplyDelete